Monday, October 30, 2006

Creatures from Outer Space and Cell Phones

My workspace is currently being fumigated because somehow tiny, tiny, tiny biting insects have infiltrated it. I feel like a human pin-cushion! Ouch.

But in better news, I finally bought a cell phone. I've always been a bit on the fence about cell phones. They're great for calling for roadside assistances when the car breaks down or for checking directions, but the whole always-available thing doesn't quite work for me.

Then again, getting a fun unexpected message from a friend is always nice, and I must admit that living in the boonies in Japan, I was quite attached to my little phone, especially since it could receive messages from New Zealand. Hmm... What's your take on this marvel of modern technology?

4 comments :

Anonymous said...

where can i buy the book desert warrior, i read it and it made me want to read all the time. its amazing how u captured so many people inner feelings and actions that they are too afraid to show

Nalini Singh said...

Hi Anon! I'm so glad you loved DW, as I absolutely adore that book. I liked the world so much I returned to it in Craving Beauty.

Re how to get hold of DW - have a look at this page of my website (scroll to the bottom) where I discuss that question. Drop me an email if you have any other questions. :)

Nalini Singh said...

Ergh, beetles?!!!!

Nalini Singh said...

Lol, Racy! I gotta ask - what were you doing with a cellphone in the jungles of Cambodia??