Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Reader Interview: Ashley

Tuesday is reader interview day. If you'd like to participate (you know you want to), the details are here. Without further ado, the inaugral reader interviewee is Ashley! (I think I want to have breakfast at her house!)

1. Tell us a bit about yourself.

My name is Ashley, I'm 24 and I have a 5 year old son. I'm currently a lurker at your blog but I hope to change that. I love to read, it is something that my mother started me on when I was very young and I've never stopped. Some of my favorite memories of her are of the both of us sitting at the table just reading our own books. I'm currently trying to share my love of books with my son.

2. Are you a hoarder or do you give your books away?

I use to be a big time hoarder. It was next to impossible for me to get rid of books. Over the past few years though, I have learned to share. I have a group of friends and we trade books with eachother. My keeper pile has gotten much smaller, but I know I will eventually replace the books I've traded lol

3. What author might tempt you into turning stalker?

Can I pick more then one? It would be hard to pick between Jim Butcher, Gena Showalter, Sherrilyn Kenyon, you, and MaryJanice Davidson..just to name a few.

4. How susceptible are you to chocolate?

Very! It's a gift from the gods.

5. Favorite book? Why?

Again it's hard to pick just one. The first that comes to mind is The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath. It hit home and it's just an amazing book to me. Another more recent favorite would have to be Slave to Sensation and I'm not just saying that to suck up. I've been reading tons of paranormal romance books in the past few years, but none of them hit me like STS. I cried and I laughed, and I have never felt more connected or more emotion for a character then I did for Sascha.

6. If you knew you were going to be stuck on a desert island, what three things would you take with you?

Hmmm..that's hard.I would take a photo album with all of my son's pictures. . Second I would take Pepsi because I can't live without my soda. Third I would print out all of my ebooks and make one giant book.

7. What did you eat for breakfast?

Frozen pancakes with butter and syrup.

8. How many books in your current to-be-read pile?

Around 820, not counting around 1000s ebooks. It's sad really lol

9. Describe your idea of a perfect hero.

He would be tall with short dark hair and emerald green eyes. Muscular but not so big that he looks like the Hulk's twin. He would be brooding and dark, a man who speaks when he has something to say, and answers to his own moral code. He would have to be quietly confident. Someone tortured but without it becoming an obsession. I think that's it lol

8 comments :

LesleyW said...

Someone with a bigger TBR pile than me!

Hope you'll start posting more Ashley.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that's a seriously serious pile of TBRs. (I just made that expression up, by the way. Cool, huh?)

You know, the one question that wasn't asked is, Where do you live? I like that question because I get the feeling we're from ALL over, which is great. I love the Internet. You can reach out and touch someone on the other side of the world.

I'm half a world away from New Zealand and Australia. I live in the Southeast part of the U.S.A. The western part of North Carolina to be exact. I've got ocean on the eastern end and mountains on the western end. I'd love to live near the ocean, though, but I'll probably just have to keep it to vacations. ... Hmmm ...*taps chin thoughtfully* I really need to win the lottery. Then I could have homes all over the place.

Yes! That's the solution! I must win. Um, anybody got some surefire winning numbers? ;)

P.S. I enjoyed Ashley's interview. I'm glad you participated. So ... where do YOU live?

Ashley said...

Hi everyone! What a cool surprise to stop by and see my name lol I live in northeastern US, Connecticut to be exact.

Nalini Singh said...

Hey Ashley, glad you delurked!

BookQueen said...

My TBR pile is a mere drop in the bucket compared to Ashley's! Wow!

And I like Jennifer's idea of sharing where we're from, if you're comfortable.

We have Southeast and Northeast U.S. representation and now Midwest. I'm in Illinois.

LesleyW said...

I'm in the UK. :)

Barbarita V said...

Ashley,
I guess we are neighbors. I live in East Hartford, CT.
I thought that I had a big pile of books.
I also love men with green eyes. Hmm... Yummy.

Anonymous said...

WOW ~ 820 books