Monday, August 13, 2007

Mr Irresistible - Karina Bliss

I think I posted about how much I enjoyed Karina’s first book – Mr. Imperfect*. Well, I enjoyed Mr. Irresistible even more. I just love Karina’s voice, and how her characters are flawed human beings who manage to find their way to a happy ending.

This book is about Jordan, who I think of as the charmer of the group. It’s really hard to write a believable charmer hero, but Karina did it. Jordan has hidden depths and he’s wonderful hero material – not perfect, but perfect for the heroine, Kate.

It’s a very real contemporary story, but there’s a big romantic moment in the book that’s just wuuuuunderful and absolutely right in terms of why and when it happens. I was all misty-eyed over it. I can’t say more because it would be a huge spoiler, but if you read it, you’ll know it when it happens.

As you can tell, I liked it. If you want to check out an excerpt and make up your own mind, here’s the link to Karina’s site. Now, tell me about what you've read lately.

*This book just won the R*BY (The Romantic Book of the Year award from the Romance Writers of Australia. Congratulations, Karina!)

2 comments :

Amanda Ashby said...

Oh, I'm looking foward to reading Karina's books very soon! I'm reading Harry Potter - mainly because I want to get it finished before I find out what happens, then I can really attack my tbr pile in order to get it cleared for CBI in September!!!

katie g. said...

I am currently wrapped up in Megan McCafferty's series: Sloppy Firsts, Second Helpings, Charmed Thirds, and Fourth Comings. Some of the best YA fiction I've read in a while...unfortunately, it's keeping me up at nights :)
(it's 5:30 am here)