Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Reader Interview: Shar

Tuesday is Reader Interview and today I present Shar, who likes those ice-cold heroes (hmm, do we know anyone like that? *grin*). If you'd like to participate in these interviews (you know you want to) the details are here.

1. Tell us a bit about yourself.


My name is Shar.I am a major book addict (and not afraid to admit it). I read most anything (including the back of cereal boxes…I kid you not). I adore paranormal, fantasy, historical, science fiction and urban fantasy though I will pretty much read anything including non-fiction. I read extremely fast (not by choice dang it) so I go through books pretty quickly which means I have to feed my…habit often. Bookstores & authors love me as they see easy money when they see me coming in. My bank account hates me. *sigh*

2. Are you a hoarder or do you give your books away?

I guess hoarder since I have been burned a lot on loaning them, except I do LOAN books out to family and trusted family members. If I don’t like a book or suddenly decide I need more room I either trade or give away my books. Sometimes I sell them to make more money to buy more books. It is an evil cycle I tell you. Otherwise, they are all MINE!!! MINE!!!! i dreamed of owning the library of congress when I was 8 just because I thought it had every book in the planet in it. Yeah, I was strange.

3. What author might tempt you into turning stalker?

Stalk? I have no need to stalk. Pester? Yes. I love to harrass their publishers on finishing up a book or give it to me now so the world can live, but overall, I don't like stalking. Nothing personal, but authors I need for their fictional worlds so stalking wouldn't do me much good now would it? Probably distract them from their work which would be bad for me.

Only one I would come even close to doing so which involves me embarrassing myself by meeting him brieflyat a signing and yelling, "YOU ROCK!!! GIMMIE MORE!! NEED MORE!!! Why are you wasting time signing books when you could write more books? Aghh!" then turning around and going home to check amazon.com every few minutes for the next new release is Terry Pratchett.

4. How susceptible are you to chocolate?

Not in a good way as I am allergic to it so bribery doesn't work on me with it. Pity me.

5. Favorite book? Why? Of all time?

GOOD OMENS by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman. It has everything in it, horror, fantasy, romance, DEATH, armegeddon, DEATH, THE end of the world, DEATH ON A MOTORCYCLE and humor. You can't go wrong with the end of the world, humor and DEATH on a motorcycle!

6. If you knew you were going to be stuck on a desert island, what three things would you take with you?


Hell…I need the vacation….A cell phone that worked in that range, a helicopter filled with gas or a very BIG boat… my family wouldn’t want to go there as no internet access would drive them nuts and homicidal so it would be in everyone’s best interest to just say my books and a knife if I can't have the others.

I had to ask my husband what he would take and he said satellite internet access, a solar panel kit and a laptop so he could cry for help while he browses the internet till he is rescued…sigh..see? I told you

7. What did you eat for breakfast?

Doughnut…Krispy Kreme is a weakness when you can’t have chocolate and it is fresh out of the bakery…oh my!

8. How many books in your current to-be-read pile?

I just went to the store so it is down to 3 where it was five. I don't have big TO-BE-READ piles. I have big lists of books-to-BUY/OWN.

9. Describe your idea of a perfect hero.

A guy who is willing to battle the bad guys, tough, but has an evil sense of humor who is deep down a good person and would NEVER admit to it or brag about it. It just comes naturally as something that he sees as needing to be done so he does it without worry about whether it will make him popular or not. He can be scared, but wouldn’t show it to keep from scaring others and be willing to risk his life to save the innocents and willing to do whatever it takes to stop the bad guy. He also has to be able to love someone. Not me specifically. Just maybe a kid, a cat or another adult. Something. Those tough as nails ice cold guys that find love are a weakness of mine.

p.s. Think I should add any other questions?

Why not? Everyone does it to you so it seems only fair.

Extra reader submitted question(s)! Answer at will :)

* Which character in a book do you relate most with?


The bookworms/computer/comic female geeks or the snarky/smart alec female who gets in trouble while having no clue how it happened. Also the violent ones. I am all about beating the bad guys in whatever fashion is necessary. It’s a flaw of mine. I also strangely relate to villains or those trying to take over the world or destroy it in one go. Though that is usually on my bad days only and are rare like after watching the news or something.

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

LOL your book 'habit' is the same as mine :) and ooo like the sound of your hero so any time you fancy writing about him.... ;)

LesleyW said...

Yay - another book addict.

I'm having a bookfast in September to try and get through my TBR pile and am now in severe withdrawal.

Amazon is just rubbing their hands at the prospect of that first October order. :)