Monday, February 22, 2010

Snapshot Monday: New Zealand

Some pictures from my home today - of a stunning black sand beach I visited yesterday.


Shell on the sand - you can actually see how the sand sparkles in this shot and the one following.


A piece of driftwood that reminded me of bones you might find in the desert.


The horizon is just endless - you can look for what feels like miles and not see any signs of civilization.


Looking out at the water from the sand dunes.


Looking back toward the mountains.


This last shot was taken as the tide was going out.

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. What did you get up to?

10 comments :

Madhura said...

Its beautiful. Reminds me of this beach in Big Island. Looks very inviting.

Maria said...

Looks really great...the weather where I am is nasty right now so this just makes me ...increadibly jealous

Diane said...

Gorgeous pictures! I'd love to visit one day.
This weekend? Oh! the same as always: grocery shopping, house cleaning and reading.

Anonymous said...

It is so peaceful

Willa said...

Ack - you can really go off some people, you know? *grin*

Beautiful - just beautiful.

Anonymous said...

It`s beautiful! ... And what did I? - I shoveled snow (The yellow devil of jealousy pulls on my hair:-)).

orannia said...

*SIGH* I just love where I live :) Thank you Nalini!

Christina said...

Beautiful! One of the best perks about my job is that for a part of the commute I'm right along the coast! (Not long enough!)

Asana said...

That looks so beautiful! We had a snowstorm in Toronto today, so I feel so nostalgic!

Unknown said...

These pictures remind me why I've always, always wanted to visit NZ. Simply gorgeous! I love how isolated and natural it looks :)